A Guide to Audiobook Stores

Enter your email to get a free ebook and weekly updates from Kate Rudolph!

Ready to check out audiobooks?

If you already have a dedicated audiobook store, that's where you should get your books! But if you're in the market for a new store or haven't ever bought an audiobook before, here's a quick guide about how to get my audiobooks.

Direct from me!

I have many of my audiobooks available through my Payhip store and, just like my ebooks, they're delivered through Bookfunnel. You can listen to each book in the free Bookfunnel app for Android or iOS.

Why buy direct?

  • A retailer isn't taking a large cut of the sales. (Did you know Audible takes up to 75% of the sale price of an audiobook, leaving authors with only 25%?)
  • I'm able to offer these books at a cheaper price because of that
  • I can offer bonuses like including the ebook with the audiobook


Your preferred ebook store:

Amazon, Google Play, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Apple Books

You are probably already familiar with a specific ebook retailer, and many of them offer audiobooks! So if you want to test out audiobooks, you can purchase them at your regular ebook store and enjoy them in that store's audiobook listening app.

Standalone audiobook stores

Chirp is a growing audiobook store powered by the people who run Bookbub. They offer great deals on audiobooks and you can often get a steep discount.

Your library!

Libraries have been rapidly expanding their selection of audiobooks through services like Overdrive, Hoopla, and Bibliotheca. You'll need to check with your specific library about how they handle audiobooks, but it's likely they have some sort of option. Then you can request my books through your library. You get to read 100% for free!

Subscription Services

There are also paid subscription services that offer you access to audiobooks. Scribd, LibroFM, Audible, and Audiobooks.com are a few of the places that offer subscriptions. Each subscription service works a little differently, so you'll need to look up the terms if you're thinking of subscribing.

I recommend Scribd.

Ready to listen?

Here's what I have available in audio today!

Your free book is waiting for you!Only love can save Detyens from a grisly fate... find out how.

Ready for your free copy of Ruwen?

Enter your email and you'll start to receive tons of goodies every week!

  • a free eBook
  • free short stories
  • notifications of new releases
  • exclusive deals
  • and more!